All details relating to the current application process (including information relating to Business Members if your Business is not already a Members of the Solent LEP) are available here:
• Business Member and Director Application Pack
• Business Director Candidate Statement Template
• Business Member Application Form (only required if your Business is not already a Members of the Solent LEP)
Please note, the current opportunity to join the Solent LEP as a Business Member closes at 23:59 on Friday 20th April 2018
This is an open call for Director candidates. In order to secure a balanced board with a mixture of different skills and backgrounds, we would, in particular, welcome applications from the following in this recruitment round:
• Southampton based business leaders, and;
• Business leaders with demonstrable expertise and knowledge of financial planning, performance management, legal and governance best practice and / or risk management in the context of significant and complex budgets / organisations
If you are interested in joining the LEP Board, but would like to stand for election when a future Business Director vacancy becomes available, you can register your interest by emailing us with your name, title and organisation to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will notify you as soon as the next application process opens.
The Solent LEP has a balanced Board of Directors with a mixture of different skills and backgrounds, covering both the geography of the Solent area and key sectors. The Board is made up of:
The Solent LEP is the first LEP in the country to have established a fully elected Board of Directors and Business Directors are elected by the Solent LEPs Business Members.
Our Business Directors play a key role in developing local solutions to enhance the economic prospects within the area. They help plan, support and direct the economic growth of the Solent, and act as ambassadors for the area on a local, national and international stage.
All Directors offer their time to the LEP on a voluntary basis and the time commitment is significant; up to an average of two days per month.
Please note that the organisations of all LEP Business Directors must be registered as Business Members of the Company. Further information on Business Membership is available here.