The following Terms and Conditions ("T&Cs") shall apply to Ticket(s) purchased to attend the Maritime UK Awards 2019 (the “Event”).
By applying to purchase a Ticket or tickets, Ticket holders will be taken to have accepted these T&Cs.
The following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (unless stated otherwise):
“Event” means the Maritime UK Awards at the time and date specified on the Ticket;
“Ticket(s)” means any ticket(s) relating to the Event;
"Event Organisers" means the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership Limited and Maritime UK.
- The Event Organisers are authorised to sell Tickets for the Event.
- A Ticket booking will be confirmed at the time of booking and full payment must be paid either at the time of purchase and no later 24 days after the booking. Tickets may be cancelled and re-sold if payment is not received within this timeframe.
- Tickets may be in the form of paper, mobile/bar code, email, or such other form that becomes available over time as determined by the Event Organisers.
- Only persons holding a valid Ticket will be admitted to the Event.
- A Ticket may be invalid if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced. The Event Organisers will not be responsible for any Ticket that is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- Tickets are valid for one admission only and no pass-outs will be permitted.
- Security officers at the Event are entitled to conduct security searches of persons and belongings. Any refusal to allow such searches will result in Ticket holders being refused entry to, or removed from, the Event. Ticket holders shall provide their name and address when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Event Organisers.
- The Event Organisers shall take reasonable steps to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the Event but cannot guarantee admission.
- Ticket holders acknowledge that photographic images and/or video recordings (and/or stills taken from video recordings) may be taken of them and may also be used in televised coverage of Events and/or for promotional or marketing purposes by the Event Organisers or other third parties and use of Tickets to enter the Event constitutes consent to such use.
- Tickets may not be offered as a prize in any promotions, competitions, sweepstakes or for other commercial purposes. Tickets obtained by such means may be deemed invalid.
- Tickets must not be exchanged or resold. If the Event Organisers suspect that an individual has unlawfully re-sold a Ticket, their Tickets and any Tickets that have been re-sold will be rendered invalid and the Event Organisers shall be entitled to refuse admission to any person holding such a Ticket or remove them from the Event. This conduct shall be deemed to be a serious breach of these T&Cs.
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the Event is cancelled, postponed or there is a material change to the programme of the Event (that is, a change to the Event, which in the opinion of the Event Organisers makes the Event materially different to the Event which Ticket holders could reasonably expect). In such cases, Ticket holders will be entitled to claim a refund. The refund for Tickets equals the face value of the Tickets purchased plus the relevant booking and delivery fee per Ticket. In order to claim a refund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org These T&Cs do not affect a Ticket holder’s statutory rights as a consumer.
- Advertised timings are approximate and subject to change. No refunds will be payable as a result of the Event not running to the advertised times.
- The Event Organisers reserve the right to amend the published details of the Event and where such amendments are not deemed to be material changes (in the opinion of the Event Organisers), refunds will not be payable and the Event Organisers will not be liable for any other costs or losses resulting from such amendments.
- The Event Organisers reserve the right to provide alternative seats at the Event to those specified on the Ticket provided they are of equal value to the seat specified on the Ticket.
- The Event Organisers shall have no liability for any loss, theft or damage to property or belongings brought to the Event or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the Event Organisers liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for any other form of liability that by law may not be excluded or limited.
- All Ticket holders must abide by applicable laws, rules and regulations that apply to the Event.
- Any homophobic, sexual, sectarian, racial or discriminatory behaviour in any form (whether physical, verbal or other) will not be tolerated. Any Ticket holder who is found or is reported to be abusing any member of the audience, member of staff or any other individual in or around the Event will be reported to the police and may be arrested and prosecuted.
- The Event Organisers reserve the right, at its absolute discretion, to eject a Ticket holder from the Event and refuse a Ticket holder entry to the Event if a Ticket holder breaches any of these T&Cs or engages in any abusive, dangerous or other unacceptable behaviour at the Event.
- Without prejudice to the general nature of conditions 19 and 20, the following actions shall constitute a serious breach of these Terms and Conditions:
- smoking in designated non-smoking areas (including the smoking of electronic cigarettes);
- being (or appearing to be) intoxicated;
- persistent standing in seated areas whilst the Event is in progress;
- the deliberate misuse of a Ticket;
- the possession of a banner or flag that bears material or slogans that are offensive, obscene, abusive or racist;
- the throwing of any object that may cause injury or damage to people or property;
- the use of foul, obscene, abusive and/or racist language and/or gestures;
- the chanting of anything of an indecent or racist nature;
- fighting, or engaging in and/or inciting violence;
- bringing or using any of the following at the Event: illegal drugs; other illegal substances; fireworks; firecrackers; smoke canisters; air horns; flares; laser devices; bottles; glass vessels or any item that might be used as a weapon or compromise public safety;
- bringing any food or drink into the Event that has been purchased outside of the Event premises.
- All Tickets will remain the property of the Event Organisers at all times and may be confiscated, cancelled or withdrawn in accordance with these Terms and Conditions at any time. Tickets must be produced along with evidence of identity if required by any official, steward or employee of the Event Organiser or any police officer.
- Possession of a Ticket does not confer any rights on the Ticket holder to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos or other intellectual property appearing on the Ticket, or used in connection with the Event.
- Ticket holders acknowledge and agree that the personal data provided by them to the Club in the purchase and use of a Tickets shall be collected, stored and used by the Club in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- The Event Organisers reserve the right to amend these T&Cs from time to time. It is the Ticket holder’s responsibility to check the T&Cs on the Website before attending the Event, in case of any amendments since the purchase of the Ticket(s).
- If any provision of these T&Cs is found to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these T&Cs.
- The Event Organisers failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, power or remedy provided by these T&Cs or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that right, power or remedy.
- These T&Cs shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.